Skip to main content

Students Living Off Campus

  • null

    Recycling and Trash


  • null

    Housing Help

    Refer to this 4-minute video for a brief overview of important things to think about when looking for off-campus housing.

  • null

    Georgetown University's Housing Listings

    Begin your search here.

  • null

    Hoya Living Off Campus Orientation

    Need a Refresher? Need more info?

  • null

    Hoya Living Guide

    Living off campus? Check out the Hoya Living Guide for answers to frequently asked questions.

Office of Neighborhood LifE Mission Statement

The Office of Neighborhood Life supports all students, non-students, and permanent residents in the communities surrounding Georgetown University. Our office will educate students about university policies and local ordinances; continue to build and strengthen neighborhood relations by facilitating dialogue; and promote civic citizenship to create a positive quality of life for everyone living in the neighborhood.

Students & Parents

If you're planning on living off campus and looking for a place, check out Before you Sign. Find a rental property with our rental finder below. Ready to commit to a lease? Verify that your landlord is licensed to rent in DC.

If you've signed a lease or already moved in, check out Living in your Home.

Parents, if you're curious to know about your child's responsibilities while living off campus, check out our University Expectations page.


If you'd like to discuss Georgetown's presence in the neighborhood, call us at (202) 687.5138 or email us. If its after business hours and you need to report an issue, call the university hotline at (202) 687.8413.


As we are very concerned about the home/safety conditions of our students out in the neighborhood, please check out our policy on Properties of Concern and Safety Tips.

Questions about Bringing Your home inTO compliance with DC Law?

Have questions about Basic Business Licenses (BBL)? The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) is there to help accommodate landlords looking to get more information about how to bring their home into compliance. Call the Business Licensing Division at (202) 442.4311 or email your questions to

Apply for a Basic Business License (BBL) Online

2.)    Select “Apply online for Basic Business Licenses / Expedited Home Occupation Permit (eHOP)”
3.)    Select primary business activity (One Family Rental or Two Family Rental)
4.)    Complete steps 2-11 (Should take approximately 15 minutes)
5.)    Pay for the license with credit card
6.)    Print out your license
7.)    Wait for a call from the DCRA to schedule an inspection or call (202) 442-9557 to schedule an inspection

For On-Campus Housing Inquiries:
Office of Residential Living
100 Harbin HallBox 571117Washington, DC 20057Phone: (202) 687.4560Fax: (202)

For Off-Campus Housing Inquiries:
Office of Neighborhood Life
1300 36th StreetWashington, DC 20007Phone: (202)