LXR Hall was originally comprised of three buildings: Loyola, Xavier, and Ryder. The buildings were eventually renovated and connected to form one residence hall.
LXR and Nevils, along with the Walsh academic building, are part of East Campus. These three share an outdoor courtyard which contains park benches, shady areas, and space to park bicycles. Close to M street, LXR and Nevils offer a great combination of near classes and activities for outside of class!
- Laundry facilities with an adjacent folding/TV room and vending machines on the ground floor
- Mail facilities on the first floor
- Wi-Fi coverage in all rooms and common areas
- Cable is available for a monthly service fee through our campus provider, RCN
- Print stations are available
- 2 music practice rooms on the ground floor
- 2 seminar rooms on the first floor
- 1 multipurpose room, 1 large community room
- Outdoor grill area
- Average room square footage: 193.84 sq ft. (see example floor plan in photos above)
- A standard LXR double is approximately 16 feet in length and 12 feet in width
- 6 floors
- double and triple occupancy rooms
- a few single rooms.
- a community room with kitchen is located on each floor.
- LXR ground level contains:
- a multi-purpose room with a kitchen
- All female floor on the 5th floor
- A Faculty-in-Residence
- A Chaplain-in-Residence
- A Jesuit-in-Residence
- Each room is furnished with:
- a bed
- a desk with hutch and a chair for each resident
- built-in closets
- its own temperature control
- Jameel Braddock