Housing Residency Requirement
Georgetown University requires that all undergraduate students who are regularly admitted and in full-time attendance at the University must live on campus during their freshman, sophomore and junior years, unless specifically exempted from the requirement by the Executive Director of Office for Residential Services or his/her designee. All students residing in on-campus housing are bound by the terms of the Housing Occupancy Agreement.
Junior students may opt to make their senior year their required year of housing using a swap option. Rising juniors will need to make this application for the requirement year swap option in the fall of their sophomore year. The Office of Residential Living will determine, based on occupancy projections, the number of junior students allowed to use the swap option. Students granted the swap option will be required to select housing or will be assigned housing during their senior year. Students approved to swap their junior for senior year will not be granted an exemption from the residency requirement. Students approved to attend part-time, including seniors fulfilling their third year residency requirement, are still required to live on campus.
Juniors studying abroad may count the semester(s) toward the requirement. Sophomore transfers will be required to live on campus two years, while junior transfer students will be required to live on campus for their junior year. Transfer students who meet the posted criteria, may apply for a housing exemption
- Non-Discrimination Statement — We provide housing to undergraduate students on a non-discrimination basis.
Click here to view our data spreadsheet of room/apartment information.
- This document is for planning purposes only
- All information is approximate.
- Not all spaces will be available during selection phases.
- To ensure the space is one you are interested in, we recommend you visit the residence to familiarize yourself with that residential community
- Room changes will not be made due to incomplete or inaccurate information in this document
The Office of Facilities and Planning & Residential Living will collaborate in Summer 2017 to make improvements to our residential communities. In addition to regular maintenance, general repairs and painting, significant resources are being spent this summer to improve our facilities. These upgrades and renovations will be complete by openining of fall 2017.
- Apartments #1-15 will receive full renovations of the bathrooms and kitchens
- Kitchen redesign and renovation that includes new cabinets, back splash, appliances, full size refrigerator in the kitchen and more counter space
- Bathroom redesign and renovation that includes new shower, toilet, vanity, sink both inside and outside the bathroom, tile and flooring
- New flooring throughout the apartment
- New dining and living room funiture
- All Alumni Square units (including #1-15) will receive the following upgrades:
- LED Lighting in the entire apartments. Additional lighting will be added to the bedrooms and living rooms
- Full size refrigerators will be added to all apartments
- All windows will be replaced and new shades will be installed
- Increased electrical capacity
- Wireless upgrade
- Dehumidifiers will be added
- Bathroom fans will be replaced
- Life safety upgrades (smoke detectors and carbon dioxide detectors)
- all apartments will receive new dining and living room furniture
- The Community Room will receive new tables, task chairs, easy chairs and picnic tables.
Village C East
- brand new windows
- repairs to the exterior brick and stucco will be made
Laundry Program Changes
Beginning in the Fall 2017 semester, students in all residence halls and apartments (excluding students assigned to townhouses) will have 24 loads of laundry built into their room rate per semester. Students will continue to use their GOCard card to access the machines. Any unused laundry balance will transfer from the fall semester to spring semester. This new program was initiated by GUSA in conjunction with the Office of Residential Living and Planning and Facilities Business Office.