Georgetown University Resources
- Office of Neighborhood Life (ONL): (202) 687.5138 - offers resources, support services, educational and social programming for students living off campus.
- Campus Ministry: (202) 687.4300
- GERMS: (202) 687-HELP (4357)
- Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD): (202) 687.4343
- Safety and Emergency Preparedness Information
- Counseling and Psychiatric Service (CAPS): (202) 444.7243 - Emergency consults after hours.
- Health Promotion and Wellness
- Information for Students with Disabilities and Temporary Injuries
District of Columbia
- Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) - DCRA protects the health, safety, economic interests and quality of life of residents, businesses and visitors in the District of Columbia by ensuring building, housing, and safety codes compliance and regulating business. DCRA conducts free inspections for the tenants and provides consumer education and advocacy services.
- DCRA also issues Basic Business Licences (BBLs) to owners of rental properties, which is needed to be in compliance with DC landlord-tenant law.
- Does your landlord/property owner have a required Basic Business License (BBL)? - Find out through DCRA's online Property Information Verification System (PIVS).
- Office of the Tenant Advocate (OTA) - Advocates for, educates, and provides outreach for DC tenants.
- DC Bar: Landlord Tenant Resource Center - The Landlord Tenant Resource Center provides free legal information to unrepresented tenants who have residential housing disputes in D.C.
- DC Superior Court Landlord and Tenant Branch Housing Conditions Calendar - This calendar of the DC Superior Court allows tenants to sue landlords for DC Housing Code violations on an expedited basis. The first hearing for cases on this calendar is scheduled less than a month after the action is filed.
DC Law Students in Court - Students from local law schools are available during the school year to provide advice to unrepresented tenants and assist them in filling out forms and pleadings. In some cases, a student supervised by a licensed attorney will represent a tenant throughout the case. Law Students in Court is generally in the Landlord and Tenant court beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- Department of Public Works - DPW performs a number of daily operations including trash and recycling collection, public littercan service, fall leaf collection, and street and alley cleaning. To schedule a bulk trash pick-up, call 311.
- Metropolitan Police Department - Second District - Georgetown University is located in MPD's Second District, PSA (Police Service Area) 206.
- DC Fire and EMS - Contact DC F & EMS for a Home Fire Safety Inspection.
- ANC 2E - ANCs are advisory boards providing official citizen representation to other governmental bodies.
- DC Department of Motor Vehicles - Registration of Out-of-State Automobiles and