New South is a traditional style residence hall housing first year students. The building setup is fairly common with its long hallways and community bathrooms; providing a very social atmosphere for new Georgetown students! Fully renovated in 2004, New South was originally given its name due to it being the “southernmost” building on main campus.
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Mail facilities and vending machines in the lobby
- Wi-Fi coverage in all rooms and common areas
- Cable is available for a monthly service fee through our campus provider, RCN
- Connected to the Healy Family Student Center which serves as a main social hub for Georgetown students!
- 4 floors with 44 to 50 rooms per floor
- floors are co-ed by wing
- double occupancy bedrooms
- Each floor has:
- two conveniently located common bathrooms and shower rooms.
- furnished community room
- a standard room is 18 ft. in length and 11 ft. in width
- each room furnished with:
- 2 beds
- 2 built-in desks with chairs
- 2 shelving units
- a sink with mirrored medicine cabinet
- carpeting throughout