transfer student viewbook
Room Spreadsheets available
Click here to view our data spreadsheet of room/apartment information.
- This document is for planning purposes only
- All information is approximate.
- Not all spaces will be available during selection phases.
- To ensure the space is one you are interested in, we recommend you visit the residence to familiarize yourself with that residential community
- Room changes will not be made due to incomplete or inaccurate information in this document
RENOVATIONS & UPGRADES FOR 2017-2018
The Office of Facilities and Planning & Residential Living will collaborate in Summer 2017 to make improvements to our residential communities. In addition to regular maintenance, general repairs and painting, significant resources are being spent this summer to improve our facilities. These upgrades and renovations will be complete by openining of fall 2017.
- Apartments #1-15 will receive full renovations:
- Kitchen redesign and renovation that includes new cabinets, back splash, appliances, full size refrigerator in the kitchen and more counter space
- Bathroom redesign and renovation that includes new shower, toilet, vanity, sink both inside and outside the bathroom, tile and flooring
- New flooring throughout the apartment
- New dining and living room funiture
- All Alumni Square units (including #1-15) will receive the following upgrades:
- LED Lighting in the entire apartments. Additional lighting will be added to the bedrooms and living rooms
- Full size refrigerators will be added to all apartments
- All windows will be replaced and new shades will be installed
- Increased electrical capacity
- Wireless upgrade
- Dehumidifiers will be added
- Bathroom fans will be replaced
- Life safety upgrades (smoke detectors and carbon dioxide detectors)
- all apartments will receive new dining and living room furniture
- The Community Room will receive new tables, task chairs, easy chairs and picnic tables.
Village C East
- brand new windows
- repairs to the exterior brick and stucco will be made
Laundry Program Changes
Beginning in the Fall 2017 semester, students in all residence halls and apartments (excluding students assigned to townhouses) will have 24 loads of laundry built into their room rate per semester. Students will continue to use their GOCard card to access the machines. Any unused laundry balance will transfer from the fall semester to spring semester. This new program was initiated by GUSA in conjunction with the Office of Residential Living and Planning and Facilities Business Office.
HOUSING SELECTION 2017-2018
The 17-18 Housing Selection process has concluded. If you a continuing student who still needs on-campus housing for Fall 2017, please log on to Hoya Housing and complete the Housing Application 17-18. Assignments will be made on a rolling basis and notifications sent the first week of August. Questions about this summer assignment process can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our Calendar for important dates, deadlines and opportunities!